Case Management-Service Coordinator Courses and Testing Tip Sheet
Please note (12/22/2021):
All 2021 New Hire and Refresher requests have been updated and mailed out. If you have any questions, please contact Delphine Giles at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will no longer be sending certificates for the months of January through November 2021. At this point, all participants should be taking care of their recertifications and new hires for 2022.
Basic Case Management Training
Please be aware that the WRAP Video in Module 2 (Recovery) is not working. You can go to Introduction to WRAP, and/or Beginning Your WRAP to view working videos.
The Case Management and Service Coordinator web-based courses/training was developed by Education and Consultative Services of UPMC Western Psychiatric Hospital (formerly OERP) l in conjunction with the Office of Mental Health and Substance Abuse Services, Pennsylvania Department of Human Services.
- Supervisors: The Basic and Child Case Management/Resource Coordination Training is now available online at www.oerp.pitt.edu. The web course allows you to schedule this state-mandated training for intensive case managers and resource coordinators at a time that suits your staff’s schedule.
- Participants will need to review the modules, complete the tests and the Registration Form (with the exception of the test score) and submit all forms to you. After you have corrected the tests, please ensure that the updated Registration Form (please see next paragraph) is completed with the score, and that all information is correct. Supervisors can request the test answers by contacting Delphine Giles. The Basic CM test questions are worth approximately three points each. The Child CM test questions are worth approximately 4.3 points each. Please estimate to come up with a rounded score.
- Please return the completed Child Case Management Registration Form and/or the Basic Case Management Registration Form to Education and Consultative Services at OERPinfo@upmc.edu. Please make sure you keep copies of the scored answer sheets in your files for seven years. A certificate will be e-mailed to both the participant and the supervisor within six weeks. Please ensure that both e-mail addresses are printed clearly on the participant’s registration form. If you have any questions, please contact Doreen Barkowitz. The online survey which needs to be completed after the CM/SC has completed the training and quizzes can be found at https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/ECSfeedback.
Completed registration forms (including e-mail addresses for the case manager/service coordinator) should be sent to OERPinfo@upmc.edu. In the subject line, please write Attn: Delphine Giles. Please do not send the paperwork by USPS.
Fax number: 412.204.9110
Please note: Replacement certificates cost $30. Please hold on to the certificates once Delphine has sent them to you. You can send them to your HR department, or keep them in an employee file, etc. but it’s important to have these certificates for reviews and audits.
Changes in Child Abuse Laws and Reporting Requirements (Updated 2/27/2015)
The website, http://keepkidssafe.pa.gov, is designed to serve as the hub for information related to critical components impacting child protection including a link for mandated reporters to make reports of suspected child abuse electronically, training on child abuse recognition and reporting, information related to clearances and general information related to child protection. Please go to link below and review all pertinent information: http://keepkidssafe.pa.
Mandated and Permissive Reporting in Pennsylvania Online Training. Please go to link below and register to take the test if you have not done so already: reportabusepa.pitt.
Other Training/Networking Opportunities:
- Web-based training opportunities: There are currently more than 20 programs that are available on-line at webcast page. Click here to watch
- Western Region CM Network: The Case Management Network represents case manager and service coordinator supervisors and interested others in the western region of Pennsylvania. The CM Network meets quarterly to discuss issues pertaining to case management and service coordination. There is also a training component to each meeting. To be added to the mailing list, please contact Doreen Barkowitz.
Please tell us how we’re doing by clicking here!